Senate Journal 1836 (30-318513-P190B.pdf)
This transcription is complete!
369 Bill in addition to an Act respecting the collection of taxes on unimproved land, not taxable by the assessors of any town on plantation, (introduced in the House) -"- to enable the proprietors of Megunticook meeting house to sell the same (reported in the House by the committee on Parishes, on petition of Joseph Jones and others) -"- concerning Bridges (reported in the House by the Committee on the Judiciary, on an order relative to toll Bridges) -"- to establish a Registry of Deeds for the Eastern District of Lincoln County (reported in the House by the Committee on Division and Alteration of Counties, on petition of William R. Keith and others) -"- to establish the Fairfield Boom Corporation (reported in the House by the Committee on Interior Waters, on petition of Jonas Chase and others) -"- to incorporate the Mount Waldo Stone Quarry Company (reported in the House by the Committee on Manufactures, on petition of Lewis C. Kelley and others) -"- to incorporate the town of Kingsbury (laid upon the table by Mr. Jewett) -"- to require certain newly incorporated town to repay their just proportion of public taxes (introduced in the House) -"- to incorporate the proprietors of the Eastport Salt Works (reported by Mr. Frye from the Committee on Manufactures, on petition of Louis A. Cozenove and Others) -"- to incorporate the Norridgewock Female Academy (reported in the House by the Committee on Literary Institutions, on petition of Josiah Peet and others)
Description: The journal of the Senate documents the proceedings in the chamber, including actions taken on bills, petitions and reports from committees read, and votes taken. The journals are not transcripts and therefore do not include floor speeches that are found in the modern Legislative Records.
You need to be logged in to see Discussion