Transcribe Page

House Journal 1828 (30-318943-P058A.pdf)

This transcription is complete!

102

Feby 1825 - respecting ferries &c, was read & referred to the committee on Turnpikes, Bridges & Canals. Sent up for concurrence

Remonstrance of Nathaniel Gilman & als against the petition of Daniel Cook & als, came from the Senate referred to the committee on Banks & Banking for concurrence & the House concurred.

Petition of the Selectmen of Jefferson for a law defining the Southerly line of said town, was read & referred to the committee on the incorporation of towns. Sent up for concurrence.

Bill additional to an act setting off Isaiah Jenkins & others from the town of Litchfield and annexing them to the town of Wales, was read a third time & passed to be engrossed as amended on sheet annexed marked A. Sent up for concurrence.

Bill - to annex a part of the town of Norridgewock to the town of Milburn, was read a third time & passed to be engrossed as amended on sheet annexed marked G. Sent up for concurrence

Bill - additional to an act to regulate the inspection of Stone lime & lime Casks passed March 15th 1821. was reported by the committee on Bills in the third reading & on motion recommitted to the committee on Manufactures. Sent up for concurrence.

Bill - authorizing Judges of Probate, in certain cases to appoint Guardians to married woman was read 1st & 2nd time & tomorrow at ten oclock assigned for a third reading.

Bill - additional to an act authorizing the sale of Ministerial lands belonging to the First Parish in North Yarmouth, was read a 1st & 2nd time & tomorrow at ten oclock assigned for a third reading.

Bill - authorizing John Wood to maintain a dam & slip in

Description: The journal of the House of Representatives documents the proceedings in the chamber, including actions taken on bills, petitions and reports from committees read, and votes taken. The journals are not transcripts and therefore do not include floor speeches that are found in the modern Legislative Records.

Link to document in Digital Maine

Language: English

Date: 1828

Image 114 of 348