House Journal 1826 (30-318941-P038A.pdf)
Petition of William Larrabee for leave to change his name
-of Thomas Smith for authority to change his name
were severally read and referred to the committee on change of names
Petitions of Rufus Sewall & als for a Bridge across Sheepscut [Sheepscot?] river at Wiscasset
-of William M Boyd & als on the same subject
were severally referred in the Senate to the committee on Turnpikes, Bridges & Canals and sent down for concurrence – and the House concurred.
Petition of James J Boyd & als for authority to sell certain property – came from the Senate referred to the committee o the Judiciary for concurrence and the House concurred.
Petition of Benjamin Fitch Jun & als for a division of the town of Baldwin – came from the Senate referred to the committee on the incorporation of towns for concurrence – and the House concurred.
Bill – in addition to an act to incorporate the Canal Bank was read once & tomorrow at 10 o clock assigned for a second reading.
Bill to incorporate the Proprietors of the Central Burying Ground in Waldoboro, was read a 3d time & passed to be engrossed. Sent up for concurrence.
Bill to incorporate the Waterford Canal Company, was read a third time and passed to be engrossed in concurrence with the Senate.
Bill to divide the South Parish and to establish the East Parish in Augusta (reported in a new draft which was adopted) was read a third time & passed to be engrossed. Sent up for concurrence.
Description: The journal of the House of Representatives documents the proceedings in the chamber, including actions taken on bills, petitions and reports from committees read, and votes taken. The journals are not transcripts and therefore do not include floor speeches that are found in the modern Legislative Records.
You need to be logged in to see Discussion