Senate Journal 1825 (30-318504-P067B.pdf)
[Left margin: 1825]
Senate January 29th, 1825.
[Left margin: Committee on the Assessment & Collection of Taxes]
Order of the House that Messrs. Snow, Eveleth and Chase be a committee, with such as the Senate may join, to take into consideration if any and what alteration is necessary to be made in an act entitled “an act concerning the assessment and collection of taxes,” with leave to report by Bill or otherwise, came up for concurrence: Read and concurred, and Messrs. Parsons of L. and Parlin were joined.
[Left margin: Petition referred]
Petition of Robert Page & als. to transfer the toll of Fryburg Canal Bridge,” was read and referred to the committee on Turnpikes, Bridges and Canals, Sent down for concurrence: concurred.
[Left margin: Bills]
Bill to incorporate the proprietors of the Kennebunk Port Livery Stable,” and
Bill recognizing the Great Falls Manufacturing Company, as a Corporation within this state”, were read twice and passed to be engrossed: sent down for concurrence.
Bill to incorporate the town of Whiting”, passed to be engrossed in the House, came up for concurrence and was read twice, and passed to be engrossed with and amendment: sent down for concurrence.
[Left margin: Report on Petition]
Mr. Churchill from the committee, on petition of Joseph Chandler & als. reported that same be referred to the next Legislature: Read, accepted, sent down for concurrence: concurred.
Description: The journal of the Senate documents the proceedings in the chamber, including actions taken on bills, petitions and reports from committees read, and votes taken. The journals are not transcripts and therefore do not include floor speeches that are found in the modern Legislative Records.
You need to be logged in to see Discussion