House Journal 1823 (30-318938-P016B.pdf)
This transcription is complete!
- of Putnam that the name of said town may be changed to Washington -
- of sundry inhabts. of Vinalhaven to be incorporated into a town by the name of North -
- of Atherton Pratt & als for a division of the town of Canaan & the incorporation of a new town -
- of John Somes & others that a new town may be formed out of Mt. Desert & Eden -
Remonstrance of sundry inhabitants of Vinalhaven against a division of said town - of David Herrin Junr. against a division of the town of Canaan - were severally read and referred to the committee on Incorporation of towns. Sent up for concurrence.
Petition of Nathaniel Tilton of Portland for relief in consequence of wounds received by him when in the execution of his office as Deputy Sheriff in attempting to arrest a criminal -
- of Selectmen of Unity that the doings of said town may be made legal -
- of Ephraim Goodale & others }
- of Benjn. R Lewis & others }
- of John Gower & others }
- of William Hutchins Junr. }
- of Nathl. Milliken & als }
- of Alexander Arskine & als }
all praying for an additional law to protect worshipping [worshiping] assemblies from being disturbed
- of Selectmen & Assessors of Gouldsboro' for an abatement of their State tax - of Royal Clark, Sheriff of Penobscot that his doings in the sale of certain lands may be made valid - of Selectmen of Thorndike that the doings of said town may be made valid - of Benjamin R Lewis & others-
Description: The journal of the House of Representatives documents the proceedings in the chamber, including actions taken on bills, petitions and reports from committees read, and votes taken. The journals are not transcripts and therefore do not include floor speeches that are found in the modern Legislative Records.
You need to be logged in to see Discussion